|click on picture above to
see issue with article
A Bio piece featuring
some of my work is
published in the May/June
2010 issue of McCall's
"Balenkay" is included in
this article and features
curved dimensional geese
using my manipulated bias
method, which produces
the look of curved piecing
without the work!
I was asked to design a
small wool piece using 4"
to 6" blocks, this cheery
table runner is the result.
It is featured in Quiltmaker
Magazine's Small Quilts
under the name "Woolen
- I was honored when asked to design an original 12" block for Quiltmaker Magazine's 100
Block Issue! Of course, I said yes. I fell in love with Jinny Beyer's border fabrics,
Hermitage & Porcelana lines with RJR Fabrics. With these fabrics in mind, I designed the
"Tapestry" block. The colors & textures are so luscious bringing images of rich cultural
- Jinny's border fabrics are fussy cut to display beautiful motifs in the block adding to the
richness of the "tapestry". The center square is fussy cut quarter square triangles in
kaleidoscope fashion. I designed Tapestry to be set with a 1 1/2" sashing strip which has
a small vertical strip pieced in the center which continues the vertical and horizontal strips
in the block.
- Sashing strips are set with the blocks, giving the impression that the strips are woven.
Blocks can be made using the same color theme or two color themes can be chosen to
increase the interest across the quilt. A nine block setting is smashing! My block was
used in one of the 3 quilts shown on the Gallery Page made by one of Quiltmaker's staff!
- My Blossom Block, left, is on the cover of the 100 Quilts Volume shown at right! This block
features prairie point petals giving the block interesting dimensionality. A fun block to use
in a myriad of colors.
|click on magazine
to see the article
Click to see the magazine containing the pattern for"Mia's Secret Garden"
Tapestry Block - Block 1
- I was again honored when asked to design an original 12" block for Quiltmaker Magazine's 100 Block
Issue, Volume 4.
- Visit my blog to read about my thought process and win a free copy of Quiltmaker's 100 Block
Issue & a give away!
purchase your copy
- Click on magazine image to
|click on Sephora Block to go to blog tour
featured in the
April 2011 Issue
I designed this
quilt for our first
Mia Noel, using
fabric to go with
the theme in her
This is Jenn's first design which is
featured in McCall's Quick Quilts!
Click on the magazine to order
This is a wonderful little tote for
children, adults, gift bags, etc.!
Blossom Block - Block 2
I I designed this diaper
bag for my daughter
Holly while pregnant
with her second child.
It features Amy Butler's
- My latest quilt, "April In Paris"will be featured in McCall's Quilting in April
2014. A table topper can be made from the trimmed Umbrella Blocks! No Waste!
- Check out my daughters' web sites below: